Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Discomfort

One thing usually lead to another, that's why precedents are so important. I'm not exactly a political blogger, but I'm sure most Malaysian bloggers and their readers have at least heard the NST vs Jeff Ooi and Rocky controversy.

Nothing like this has ever been done before and it seems the NST wants to set another Malaysian World Record for all the wrong reasons. My concern is if this comes to pass and NST somehow wins, then what's to stop more of these censorship bully tactics from spilling to other types of media? More importantly, what will it do to the already stiflingly controlled creative landscape in this country? Will there be blanket bans and news blackouts?

What do I know? I haven't bought a single newspaper for years. I'm just a guy who designs stuff.

See more here at Kickdefella or this article in the Centre for Independent Journalism.

1 comment:

Sheih said...

Dear friend,

Can you email me your email address at kickdefella@yahoo.com

Perhaps you can help us with your expertise.

Sheih